Review and Evaluation
Vicky’s experience of legal advice service delivery and audit makes her a valued evaluator. She has carried out reviews for the London Legal Services Trust and Legal Education Foundation, amongst others.
Over the past decade or so there has been an emphasis on voluntary organisations working in partnership with each other and with statutory and commercial bodies in order to produce better outcomes for service users, to increase efficiency, and to leverage additional resources.
This ‘how to guide’ identifies the factors that made collaboration work in three research areas (Bristol, Luton and Suffolk) and provides practical hints and tips, based on their experience. It also contains links to wider best practice materials.
You can read the guide here: Collaboration How To Guide
You can download her report on the Advice Brighton and Hove webcam project here.
Vicky has a regular practice management column in Legal Action magazine
Vicky’s latest books are:
– The ‘Legal Aid Handbook 2018 – 19’ LAG 2018 (with Simon Pugh, Sue James and Anthony Edwards)
– The ‘Legal Aid Handbook 2017 – 18’ LAG 2017 (with Simon Pugh and Anthony Edwards)
– The ‘Legal Aid Handbook 2015-16’ LAG 2015 (with Simon Pugh and Anthony Edwards)
– The Solicitors Office Procedures Manual with Matthew Moore – Professional Compliance Publishing (2nd edition 2015)
– The Client Care Toolkit with Fiona Westwood – the Law Society (2015)
– The Complaints Handling Toolkit with Fiona Westwood – the Law Society (2014)
– The Legal Aid Toolkit – the Law Society, with Andrew Otterburn (2012)
Justice on Trial 2019
Due to many years of underinvestment, our criminal justice system is crumbling. Things are going wrong at every level, creating a nightmare journey for the accused, for victims and for the legal practitioners who work hard across the system.
Vicky worked closely with the Law Society’s Justice and Campaigns teams to produce this report, which identifies the problems and makes practical recommendations for improvements.
You can download the report here